Congratulations to our team for our first whole-team regatta of 2017!
The coaches are very pleased with how our athletes performed this weekend in Sarasota. We have proven to be very competitive with the fastest teams in the region, and it is vital that we continue to work harder than our counterparts at Winter Park, Sarasota Crew, and Belen Jesuit.
Spring Break practices will be the difference between winning Districts, a points trophy at States, and qualifying boats to nationals OR none of the above. We have the talent and the depth to achieve some pretty fantastic things this season, but attendance and accountability are key! Spring Break training will kick off with a dual at Winter Park March 18th and run through the following Friday the 24th (Saturday & Sunday off).
This weekend’s results:
- 1V- 3rd, (one second off of Belen, defending national champions in the Ltwt8)
- 2V- 1st, (a fantastic, mature row from all 9 of you)
- 3VB- 4th (very good row, beating WP’s A&B entries)
- 3VA- 5th (I think the guys in this boat learned a very valuable lesson)
- Open8A- 4th
- Open8B- 7th (The open category means rowers of all experience levels can race and our 5V and 6V held their own. They executed a solid race plan and did an awesome job against some tough competition.)
- V4A- 2nd
- V4B- 5th
Let’s keep pushing forward guys!
Congrats to our girls for our first whole-team regatta of 2017. Saturday was a great day to get our oars wet and see where we are at this point in the season. All of our girls raced well and were able to come off the water knowing what they need to work on to improve our race plan. Here are the results of our racing:
- W 1V8 – 3rd place
- W 2V8 – 2nd place (just 1 second out of 1st!)
- W 3V8 – 2nd place
- W Y4+ – 1st place
- W Ltwt 8+ A – 3rd place & B – 5th place
- W F8+ A – 3rd place & B – 7th place
- W Open 8+ – 4th place
- W Ltwt 4+ – 4th place