We are delighted that our team had a great showing at Erg Sprints on 1/28/17, with OARS winning the all-points trophy!
Everyone’s collective efforts certainly contributed to our success, including several girls PR and many were in the top 10 of their categories
Here are some notable medal finishes:
- Sarah Hinkle – 3rd place – Novice Lightweight Women
- Allison Brooks – 3rd place – Coxswain
- Payton Graziotti, Maddie Sabis, Jessica Meena, & Sarah Hinkle – 2nd place – Women’s HS Ltwt Relay
- Katie George, Jessica Beasom, Nikki Thompson & Nicole Abruzzo – 1st place – Women’s HS Ltwt Relay
- Jaimie Armitage, Jessie Woy, Emily Gibbs, & Savannah Sellers – 1st place – Women’s HS Relay
The coaching staff is very pleased with how the team performed.
- Out of 47 rowers who competed in the 2000m race, 37 achieved personal records.
- The relay teams performed VERY well, with the heavyweights taking 1ST, 4TH, and 10TH
- The lightweights taking 4TH and 11TH in a very full event.
- Gianni Colbertado took FIRST PLACE in the Novice Lightweight Men, an amazing feat made possible by the handwork that this young man has put in at practice.
The coaches see the effort each individual is putting in daily, and that will affect the not only your individual outcome of this season but also your boat and the team as whole. We hope to see everyone continue to put in the effort it will take to be successful this spring, both at practice and at home. Thank you all and GO OARS!